Sony Channel changes soon
Sony will soon be making some changes to their TV channels.
Currently the Sony channel is encrypted, but requires no subscription – only a “Freesat From Sky” viewing card.
It is also currently on the European beam, with easy reception over Spain.
Sony Channel will become the free-to-air Sony Crime Channel on the 6th February 2018. “Free to air” meaning not encrypted, so no viewing card required.
It will also be making a transponder change, moving to the harder to receive in Spain UK beam. If you can currently receive other Sony owned channels True Entertainment and POP, then you should be able to receive the Sony Crime channel, as they will all be on the same transponder
Sony Crime Channel is due to take over the Sky slot of the Sony Channel (ch.157) on the 6th February 2018. Latest information is that Freesat will get the channel a week later.
The new Sony Crime channel s currently testing free to air, and is available to manually tune into Sky and Freesat receivers ahead of their inclusions onto the channel guides in February
Satellite receivers can be manually tuned to the following:
Satellite: Astra 2F (28.2E) UK Spotbeam
Symbol Rate: 27500
Mode: DVB-S, QPSK
Service ID: 53385 (Sony Channel)
53390 (Sony Ch.+1)
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- TVMucho closed down…popular UKTV streaming app ceases trading
- GB News start date
- ITV confirms SD satellite channel Switch Off
- Spanish Police Shutdown another Pirate IPTV Operation
- You cannot receive Freeview in Spain!! But you can receive Freesat in Spain!!
- GB News – No Signal issues?
- Manually Update the Software for your Freesat 4k Set Top Box
- What size satellite dish do I need to receive BBC HD channels in Valencia / Costa Blanca North are of Spain
- Lost BBC News on satellite….?
- Intelsat 901 (was 907) at 27.5 West – Signal disruption