Sony Channel changes soon
Sony will soon be making some changes to their TV channels.
Currently the Sony channel is encrypted, but requires no subscription – only a “Freesat From Sky” viewing card.
It is also currently on the European beam, with easy reception over Spain.
Sony Channel will become the free-to-air Sony Crime Channel on the 6th February 2018. “Free to air” meaning not encrypted, so no viewing card required.
It will also be making a transponder change, moving to the harder to receive in Spain UK beam. If you can currently receive other Sony owned channels True Entertainment and POP, then you should be able to receive the Sony Crime channel, as they will all be on the same transponder
Sony Crime Channel is due to take over the Sky slot of the Sony Channel (ch.157) on the 6th February 2018. Latest information is that Freesat will get the channel a week later.
The new Sony Crime channel s currently testing free to air, and is available to manually tune into Sky and Freesat receivers ahead of their inclusions onto the channel guides in February
Satellite receivers can be manually tuned to the following:
Satellite: Astra 2F (28.2E) UK Spotbeam
Symbol Rate: 27500
Mode: DVB-S, QPSK
Service ID: 53385 (Sony Channel)
53390 (Sony Ch.+1)
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Sky channel changes from 1st September 2021 – goodbye Sky One
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- GB News start date
- Live Cricket back on the BBC from 2020