F1 changes for Sky Deutschland and Sky Italia
Whereas for this coming season UK viewers still have the F! coverage from Channel 4 and Sky SPorts F1, Sky subscribers in Germany and F1 fans inItaly will have some changes.
In Germany, Sky Deutschland will no longer cover F1.
Reports suggest that the pay-TV broadcaster wants to concentrate in future on sports events that can be broadcast exclusively, at least in part, according to a spokesperson. This would not be the case with the Formula One as this was shown 100% on free-to-air TV in Germany on RTL, who recently extended its contract with the Formula One World Championship by three years until 2020 and will continue to screen the races free-to-air.
In Italy, a new deal means that Sky Italia will become the exclusive home of F1, with only 3 or 4 of the races being shown free to air onm Skys free to air channel.
From the 2019 season, Sky UK will become the exclusive home of live F1 races in the UK, with only the British Grand Prix to be made available free to air. No details have been released as to if this will be free to air on a Sky channel like Pick, or be sub leased to a main channel like BBC or Channel 4.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- More ITV1 SD regions set to close in April 2021
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- BBC to switch off Red Button text service in 2020
- Popular streaming app Mobdro not working and closed down?
- Spanish TV changes coming soon