Premier League UK TV Rights announcement expected soon…
The Premier League is expected to announce soon which TV companies have won which UK TV rights packages for the three seasons from 2019/20.
Sky and BT are expected to continue the “duopoly” for UK TV rights, but there has been speculation of at least one other bidder, maybe from an interent based company like Amazon may bid for one or two of the packages, especially the all matches of a round” pacakges. Amazon recently won the UK TV rights to the ATP Tennis Tour.
Some have speculated that the delay in announcing the deals is down to either the bids not reaching the minimum prices the Premier League want, or some of the packages are indeed having a bidding war. Some have even speculated that Sky and BT may submit similar bids to last time, with only a slight increase in cost.
What UK TV Packages can broadcasters bid for? (all times GMT/BST)
Package A: 32 matches on Saturdays at 12:30 – BT Sports
Package B: 32 matches on Saturdays at 17:30 – Sky
Package C: 24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45 – Sky
Package D: 32 matches on Sundays at 16:30 – Sky
Package E: 24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00 – Sky
Package F: 20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme – To be announced
Package G: 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes – To be announced
The value realised at this stage of the process is £4.464billion, with two live packages still to be sold with interest from multiple bidders.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- Sky channel changes from 1st September 2021 – goodbye Sky One
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?